Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 For the most part I have found people's comments to be helpful in my own writing. And the comments that I find the most helpful are the ones that name specific ways I can improve either my writing or the layout of my blog/portfolio. For example, someone gave me the idea to add a dividing line between my story and my author's notes/bibliography. 

I have also found that my comments have improved throughout the semester. At first I was not really sure what to comment, but as I have given comments and received comments I have learned how to be specific and how to add good details to my comments. I still somewhat struggle with giving constructive criticism, because it feels kind of rude even though it is helpful in the long run and I enjoy receiving it myself.

I have enjoyed writing comments on people's introduction posts, because it helps me to get to know the people in the class. Being an online class, it is easy to feel detached from one's classmates, but the introduction posts and the commenting portion of the class helps foster a connection.

For my image I selected the below picture, because constructive criticism is something I need to work on giving.


Constructive criticism cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Story: Nine Years Ago

This is a prequel to my week 2 story Rescuing Eli which takes place nine years before.  In the year 1975 there were once two mercenaries nam...