Monday, March 15, 2021

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Throughout this class I would say that my favorite reading so far has been The Mahabharata, This is because I felt like the battle between the two families felt so much more personal. I also really enjoyed the battle at the end as it truly felt like a battle where both sides experienced loss. 

What I noticed from my writing as the semester has progressed is that my best stories are the ones where I really feel inspired by what epic I read that week. My best stories are also the ones that I feel like I can relate to the most. For example, I really liked the story about deadlifting, because that is something I related to. On the other hand the story about the meat shop felt kind of rushed and there was not really a lot of inspiration behind that one, so I felt it was not that good.

I also noticed that I enjoy writing stories that are not very serious and have a lot of ironic humor in them. For example, I enjoyed writing the one about the time traveler giving a peasant a lottery ticket for answering his riddles, because it was somewhat satirical and funny. On the other hand, the story about the poker night was not too funny and had a more serious tone. As a result, I did not enjoy writing that one as much. 


I have included the picture from the deadlifting story I wrote for week 3, because it was the one I enjoyed the most. This is because it combines something I have an interest in and some comedy due to it being over the top.






Finally, I look forward to writing more over the top somewhat comedic stories for the rest of the semester as I feel like this is what I enjoy doing the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Story: Nine Years Ago

This is a prequel to my week 2 story Rescuing Eli which takes place nine years before.  In the year 1975 there were once two mercenaries nam...