Monday, February 1, 2021

Week 2 Reading Overview

 I have chosen to read the public domain edition of the Ramayan, because I like the idea of reading a book that was written by different authors. This way I can see how different people write differently and gain inspiration for my own storytelling by reading many different styles.

The first comic book that got my attention is Tales of Arjuna. This is because I like how it has a variety of different stories that do not necessary depend on the events of past stories. This is particularly interesting to me, because I know that each story will be unique. Also I thought the story about sacrificing ghee to Agni was somewhat comical.  The second comic book that got my attention is Parashurama, because it is a story that seems like it has a lot of action and drama. Additionally, it seems like the stakes are high, so I know I will really enjoy it.

The first video I really liked was Curating Krishna in the Garden of Assam. This video interested me, because I love going to museums to see and learn about different cultures. For example, when I go to museums I always try to read about every painting or artifact I see. The second video I liked was Ships of Ancient India, because it tells a concise yet informative history of India's trade relations and how they traded. I especially liked it too, because I am interested in history and learning about what people did in the past.


Sacrifice to Agni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Story: Nine Years Ago

This is a prequel to my week 2 story Rescuing Eli which takes place nine years before.  In the year 1975 there were once two mercenaries nam...