Thursday, February 11, 2021

Topic Research: Downfall of Kings

    I was thinking I would do a portfolio. This way I can have a lot of different stories and I won't be too tied down with having to follow a consistent plot. The theme I was thinking about doing was about leaders who misuse their power and either are redeemed or lose everything.

The first story I was thinking of doing was inspired by Rama's exile in the Ramayana I also want to use more from the Ramayana once I have finished reading it next week. I want to do a story where a leader is exiled/loses everything and has to overcome some trials and save the day.

The second story I was thinking of doing was Vali: The Downfall of  an Arrogant King. In this story I want to have a king who continues to mistreat those that helped him gain power and then be betrayed by the ones that once supported him. However, I'm not sure if the king will win or lose in the end.

The third story I was thinking of doing was inspired by The Crocodile and the Monkey's Heart and my week 2 blog post. I want to have a story where a leader has too much trust, and that trust leads to his eventual downfall.

King in the castle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Story: Nine Years Ago

This is a prequel to my week 2 story Rescuing Eli which takes place nine years before.  In the year 1975 there were once two mercenaries nam...