Monday, January 25, 2021

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I was inspired by was the one about Bigfoot titled "Discovering the Lost". This is because I like the way that Bigfoot was portrayed. Not as some monster but, instead, as something that was friendly yet cautious. Essentially, he wanted to have fun with the person he met in the woods and he was willing to take a risk to accomplish this. The story also gives insight to the unknown. Often times when an idea is unknown there is a fear and uncertainty surrounding it. In this story Bigfoot is afraid of humans and that fear is the primary reason he does not want anyone to know about him. At the same time, it can be said that if Bigfoot was discovered people would fear him as well leading to Bigfoot's demise.

Discovering the Lost


The next storybook I was inspired by was titled "Alice's Journey". I liked this one because it was a somewhat comedic take on Alice in Wonderland. I particularly liked how the author focused on Alice's point of view as she traveled throughout Wonderland, and I thought it was funny how instead being confused about the place she was and the creatures that inhabited it, she instead was often just simply annoyed about those she met. Additionally, I like how the author has a large focus on how Alice would react if she had access to social media and technology while traveling through Wonderland.

Alice's Journey


The final storybook I was inspired by was titled "Apsara Stories". I liked these stories, because of their comedic take on serious Indian Epics. What I especially like is how the author takes what seems like serious events and gives it a different perspective by telling it in an overly dramatic way. And in doing so, there is somewhat of a detachment between the events that transpired and how they actually happened.

Apsara Stories



Legendary Bigfoot hunter Bobo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Story: Nine Years Ago

This is a prequel to my week 2 story Rescuing Eli which takes place nine years before.  In the year 1975 there were once two mercenaries nam...