Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Assignments I'm Looking Forward to

Hello everyone, for today's blog post I have included a picture of a man telling stories to children in hopes that I will both get to hear others' stories as well as tell my own throughout this semester. Storytelling to me is extremely important and interactive because of the different roles it gives the audience and storyteller. The storyteller on one hand seeks to engage the audience with their own stories or interpretations of stories. The audience, on the other hand, seeks to interact with the storyteller through active listening and perhaps by eventually creating their own stories. This phenomenon highlights the beauty of storytelling. That is, the roles of the storyteller and audience are interchangeable.

This leads me to the assignments I am most excited about. The assignment I am most excited for is the storytelling one. This is because I will be able to write engaging stories while still learning about Indian Epics. And since we have basically free reign for how we want to adapt each story I am sure that each story will be fresh making sure this assignment will never get old. I am also excited about commenting on other people's blogs, because I will get to read about other people's viewpoints of the stories we have read for that week.

Storytelling bring inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Story: Nine Years Ago

This is a prequel to my week 2 story Rescuing Eli which takes place nine years before.  In the year 1975 there were once two mercenaries nam...